1) Definition of Project Goals As per the given business scenario, the major project goal is to develop a proposal for Capital Corporation to bid on a manufacturing contract of 10,000 rubber components.
2) Project Statement document Scope A Project scope statement can be defined as a baseline that helps in understanding the extent of the project, deliverables, and required activities to complete the task (Larson and Gray, 2013). The primary scope of the current project is a proposal that plans for Capital Corporation. To complete this project, the manager of Polyproducts should focus on a number of activities such as R&D, qualification, production, delivery, reporting, etc.
3) Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) WBS is a tree structure of the project that breaks the whole projection into smaller activities. It plays an important role in managing time, cost and work in an effective manner (Van Peteghem and Vanhoucke, 2014). WBS for final proposal project of Polyproducts is presented as under:
4) Network Diagram Graphical presentation of different activities of a project plan is known as a network diagram. It shows the predeceasing relationship among activities of a planning process. Using this chart project manager can estimate the total duration of the project (Raudla, R. and et.al, 2015). It also reflects a critical path. The following figure represents Network Diagram for the final proposal project of Poly products:
5) Project Schedule A project schedule is a plan that represents milestones, deliverables, activities, start and finish dates of the project. It is a complete schedule of the project which plays a significant role in completing the project on time. Gantt chart is one of the essential tools for representing and monitoring project plan (Naber and Kolisch, 2014). The following table will explain the schedule of the current project of Polyproducts:
6) Project Objectives
7) Inclusions Polyproducts will follow specific inclusion and exclusion criteria at the time of developing the project plan (Burke, 2013). The project manager will include different techniques of project management such as network diagram, Gantt chart, critical path, and project schedule for developing an appropriate plan.
8) Exclusions Stakeholder's expectation is a part of the project, but at present, it is outside the scope of the final proposal plan of Polyproducts. So, all the expectations of stakeholders are excluded by the manager at the time of developing the project plan.
9) Milestones There are four Milestones of this project, these are:
10) Key Deliverables An appropriate schedule or plan for the final proposal project of Polyproducts is the primary deliverable for the current projection.11) Key Risks
14) Constrains Lack of time, cost, and experience among employees are considered major constraints of this project. However, the manager of the project will use appropriate techniques of time management such as project schedule, WBS, Gantt chart, and Network Diagram. These will help in managing time for different activities of the final proposal plan (Tavana, Abtahi, and Khalili-Damghani, 2014). Along with this, the project manager will also focus on the cost of employees, raw materials, and technologies which will play an important role in managing finances. Further, the project will arrange some training and development sessions to increase the skills and expertise of team members. Therefore, the project manager will effectively manage all limitations for successfully completing the project.15) Duration Critical path method is one of the primary tools for estimating project duration. It determines the minimum duration and the longest path that will be required for completing the final proposal project of Polyproducts. As per the critical path calculation, this project will require an 18-month period for successful completion (Harrin, 2017).
Charles writes blogs and articles for students who are facing problems with their management assignments. His articles have been featured on several websites. He has contributed to the academic enhancement of students from the University of New South Wales, Central Queensland University, Edith Cowan University, etc. He joined the team of My Assignment Services as a consulting expert and now is a full-time academic help provider. His expertise in the field of management covers topics like leadership management, human resource management, business management and several others. His blogs focus on solving the most complex of the queries and simplifying the processes.
Doing your Assignment with our resources is simple, take Expert assistance to ensure HD Grades. Here you Go....
Min Wordcount should be 2000 Min deadline should be 3 days Min Order Cost will be USD 10 User Type is All Users Coupon can use Multiple